Losing weight is something that requires determination. If you are not determined you are bound to fail. If you are not serious you are bound to fail. Failure is not acceptable. You have to have the desire to push and the desire to want it. You have to thirst it first. This fitness part of my blog will be talking about how I lost weight, why I decided to get in shape, my everyday eating habits and pretty much anything about weight loss and that stuff.
A year ago, four months after having serena is when I realized how big I actually was. I looked in the mirror everyday and saw nothing wrong. I knew how fat I was but I did not realize how really big I was. One day while I was getting ready for church, I put on this orange dress and stood in the mirror side ways and looked down at my stomach and saw how big it was. It looked like I was pregnant and I just had a baby four months back. And I just got thinking there is no reason for my stomach to be this big when i'm not even pregnant. After realizing I needed to lose weight that's when I saw on the television the insanity weight loss program. When shawn T said you can lose up to 30 pounds in 60 days, I just thought really wow!!Amazing!! From that point I knew I had to have the workout. The testimonies of the individuals and their before and after picture really caught me.
I started insanity on April 23rd 2012.I am 5"2 and I started at 180 pounds. Let me tell you, when shawn T says it's intense, yes this workout is very intense and killer. But I was very determined to lose weight to reach my goal weight of 125. The first week was hard for me. The workout was hard and although I was just starting out I wanted to push really hard. I struggled with my eating and getting in the routine of working out. There were days I just wanted to quit but I stuck to it and pushed through. The second week was still hard and I was still struggling with my eating. But when you are in a bad habit of eating junk that habit is not as easy to break.
But I was very determined to get the pounds off so I continued to put my best foot forward everyday I woke up.
I got up and got dress had half a bowl of oatmeal and proceeded to working out. I poped in the DVD and went at it. When I was done had Sweat dripping off my face and it was the best feeling ever. Feeling exhausted is the greatest feeling ever. Eventually I got use to eating clean and keeping away from junk food. I came to the point where I realized that the best way to keep in shape and stay healthy is to eat clean. You then have to ask yourself what is more important to you, staying fat, getting more fat or keeping in shape.
Looking at my pictures after I started working out was an eye opener. Several individuals kept telling me how big I was and I never realized it until that one moment in the mirror.
The most important thing for a person is being comfortable in their own skin. Is loving who they are both inside and out. Putting on a dress and going outside and loving you and rocking that dress.
At the end of my two months of my insanity workout I was at 134 pounds. It was great to have gone down to that number. Though I still feel the need to lose more I will try my hardest to. It is so much more difficult to get those last few pounds off but i'm still trying. I still workout everyday and is consistently giving it my all.
Remember life is about persevering and pushing forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment