Finding the strength and the motivation to workout at times is not always easy. People may push you to workout and get upset when you don't but sometimes they just don't understand the reason you have for not being able to get up and get on board. If there is one thing I have learned is that sometimes people don't understand how hard the first step is. But though the first step may be difficult you have to get up and start moving. When you want something bad enough nothing will stop or preventing you from achieving it. Losing weight is a process. One that will never be easy. It will always be difficult.
The key to losing weight is finding your motivation. If you can't find that motivation or determination then you are setting yourself up to fail. Losing weight and getting healthy is not something to joke about. From the moment you realize you are overweight and you need to lose weight is the time you get off your butt and do something about it. Alot of the times people cry and complain how big they are but often times do nothing about it except just cry and depress everyone about it. Or they look to take the easy way out which is failed diets, or bills that only get rid of water weight or those different surgeries. Well here are some tips I can offer you to finding that strength and motivation to work out and eat healthy
Find your motivation!!
The success to working out and getting healthy is to find what motivates you. What makes you want to lose weight. . For some people it can be pictures. For others it is a goal weight they want to reach. For some it is just the hatred they have for being plus size. There can be a number of things that gives you the motivation to work out. What motivated me was just looking in the mirror time after time and seeing how big I was. It just made me think wow I look pregnant but I am not, I am so big and short. I just remembered this one girl same height and age with me and how gorgeous and fit she looked and remembered I want that body. There were so many things and images that got me motivated. I also got thinking that I don't want t be one of these women that after marriage they don't care how they look no more. They feel like it is ok to get big. I want to be old with however many kids I decide to have and still look like I am 20 years old. So there are a number of things that can motivate you, you just have to figure that out for yourself and figure what you want. Is it to be unhappy or happy and strong.
Why are you doing this!!
This question can almost be the same thing as what motivates you but it is not. Sometimes you have to ask yourself why are you doing this. You have to have an answer to be able to do this. For you the reason is you are doing this to lose weight and get healthy. To feel comfortable in your own skin and body. To walk out the door as a confident man or woman. The WHY is very important. Answer your why and that will give you a push.
Before and After pictures!!!
When I started working out I was so excited to take my before picture and get to working out to be done to take and see my after pictures. Pictures really help you to tell the difference. I sometimes did not see the difference in my body until i took pictures and placed them side by side and that allowed me to see the changes in my body. Pictures are a motivation. Just like i said about finding your motivation pictures do motivate us. Pictures help you see the difference and see how your body is changing.
Blogging or workout journal!!
When I started working out I did not keep a journal or a workout blog. I had a blog but I did not post in it at all about my workouts or eating habits. But as I started doing turbo fire from beachbody I now see the importance of having either or. Keeping a journal really helps you to eat clean because others are reading what you are eating and they look up to you in helping them to lose that weight. When you write down what you ate in a day, it to motivates you to continue eating clean. It makes you happy and it makes you smile because for once in your life you set a goal that you are accomplishing. You are eating clean, losing weight and feeling superior. It makes you so happy and you are keeping track of the amount of calories and carbs you are taking in on a daily basis. It helps you stay on track with your eating. The good thing about blogging or writing is that you know how many calories you are taking in every day and what you are eating. So get started on that..
Set some goals!!!
When setting a goal you write down what is important to you. Weather it be short term or long term. A short term goal may be something you want to accomplish within a month or two and you work at it. A long term goal is something you constantly will be working on, something you want to accomplish, say by six months or a year. You write down what it is you want. For example one of my short term goals were to lose 30 pounds in two months and one of my long term goals is to eat healthy. But in general my goals are to not only lose weight and build my confidence and feel comfortable and happy but to be healthy and show others that no goal is to big or little to accomplish. I wanted to show friends, family and others that anything you set your mind to you can accomplish it. That nothing can stop you from accomplishing your goal. When people said I could not I showed them I could. I got up and worked at it. I set a goal weight of 125 which I am still working at. I want to have a beachbody by summer. A body where i am so comfortable in that I can wear a bikini. And I want my children and my husband to understand the importance of being healthy and fit. When setting a goal you think of what is important to you and what you want to accomplish weather it be short term or long term or just in general.What are your goals?? Goals are important. Get on it, write your goals down.
Change your diet!!
Changing your diet does not mean switching to salads and boring foods. It means changing your eating habits to clean and healthier meals. From the moment you do that, is the moment at which the pounds start falling. I started posting meals on my blog so you can check that out to. I'm doing vegan meals, chicken meals, meat meals, fish, breakfast just some of everything. Losing weight is not only about working out but also about clean eating but not starving yourself.
Get involved!!
Sometimes it is good to take up some challenges. Sporting challenges or activities. Run a 5k or 10k. Have fun while losing weight. Take part in church sporting activities or family get together sporting activities. Losing weight is fun. Take a challenge and challenge yourself.
Never say I can't, Always I can!!
Often times failure in weight loss is because you always hear I can't. From the moment you say I can't is the moment where your body will not perform. That is why it is good to find your motivation and to set goals. Sometimes working out is a challenge. It is hard and intense and makes you want to quit. But if you say you can't then you will not perform. The way you think impacts the way you perform. If you tell yourself you cannot do something then you will not do it. Don't be negative and never give up. Keep pushing and moving forward. Always be positive. Never say you can't do this or that but instead I can and I will and that is what will help you be be successful.
Get up and just do it!!
Stop procrastinating. Don't say tomorrow i will start because tomorrow will never arrive. Today is the day to start and get on it, so start moving. The longer you wait and procrastinate the longer it takes to get the weight off. When you complain and keep saying tomorrow i'll start the harder it becomes for you. So just get up and go for it. Don't let time keep passing you by.
No comments:
Post a Comment