Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Stuffed Zucchini. Healthy but super yummy

Who said eating healthy has to be boring and dry.
It does not. This is my faavourite. Stuff zucchini.

of individuals dislike healthy eating because they think it is boring. Bu This is one of the things that  love eating. I have started experimenting with food and trying to figure out what goes well together and what I will love eating and what I will not love. Eating healthy can always seem to be boring. Alot t I want you to try this and see if you love it, Like I do.

For this dish you will need:
A zucchini
Turkey sausage, or summer tangy sausage, or what ever sausage you like. To keep it healthy you should do turkey sausage
Olive oil
Black Pepper
Salt
Parmessan cheese
Bread crumps
Onion

If you want to keep it super heathy exclude the bread crumps, use turkey sausage and a small amount of olive oil.

When I am doing a recipe I do not exactly follow that recipe. I look and see what all is included in the recipe and I do it my style. This is what I want you to do. Look at this and put your twist on it. I will tell you how to make this but I want you to put your twist on it.

DIRECTIONS
Preheat broiler to 360 degrees.

Wash your zucchini under clean cold running water.

Cut the zucchini straight down the middle, living both ends on.

Clean out the middle of the zucchini, removing all the seeds.

Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil over both insides of the zucchini, making sure that the inside of the zucchinis is coated with olive oil.

Sprinkle some salt and black pepper onto your zucchini.

Place the zucchini in the broiler For 15 minutes. Be sure to place the inside of the zucchini face down in the broiler.

Chop half an onion into small or medium  pieces.

Chop your sausage into small pieces.

Sautee your onion and sausage together, in a frying pan with some olive oil and a little salt, over medium heat for 15 minutes.

After you have taken the sausage and onion from the stove top place 1 tablespoon bread crumps and 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to your sausage and onion sautee mix.

Remove zucchini from the oven and place mixture into the zucchini.

Place the zucchini into the oven and let it broil until the zucchini is cooked through.

Serve and eat.






No comments: