Monday, October 19, 2015

Goal Setting

 It has been a while since I have blogged. Maybe about a year or more. That is truly sad to say. I ended up getting pregnant and sick and after giving birth I just could not get back to it until now.

But I want to start blogging again especially since I was reminded why I first started exercising and why I started blogging as well.

During my nine months of pregnancy I kept thinking how excited I was to just hold my baby boy and not only that, but to start exercising again and for my daughter to become a big sister and just grow with her brother.  I tried to exercise as much as I could during my pregnancy. Some days were easier than others, but I just kept going. I did not want to gain to much weight because I did not want to have all this excess weight to lose. I watched what I ate and did my best to stay on the healthy track, but that was not always easy especially when you are pregnant and cravings hit.

During my labour and delivery my son ended up pinching one of my nerves. Therefore my left leg was of barely any use to me. I could not use my left leg hardly. I struggled greatly for several weeks. However i was ready to get back on track with my fitness and lose the baby weight. I think it was especially hard for me because I had worked so hard to get to where I was before I was pregnant and I gained it all back so I struggled a bit but my son was worth it all.

When I was 5 weeks postpatrum I got back on my fitness journey. When I first got into fitness i started with insanity and got amazing results. I had gone from 180 to 134 pounds so this time around I thought why not. So I did do insanity 2 months and ate clean and lost several pounds. I started at 154 pounds and ended 145 pounds. Yes as you can imagine I was a bit disappointed but I kept going and went on to body beast and turbo fire and did lose some more weight. Currently I am doing insanity max:30 and a second round of body beast. I am on month two of both of these programs and I am currently at 127.4 pounds. I don't know when last I weighed a hundred and twenty something pounds.

The difference is this time around I set a goal for myself. Actually I have set goals for myself. 3 months ago I told myself that I was going to hit 120 pounds before the year ends and I am going to be leaner and more cut..I am still several pounds away from my goal but I am working towards it each day. Setting goals have helped me to stay focus and keeps me motivated. I wake up each day with a purpose. I know what I want and i am working towards each. I am actually excited to wake up each day to get my exercise done. I get excited when I am working out. w hen we just work out with no reason or goal often times we tend to quit before we get any real results. We like to see results quickly and if we don't then we quit. This is another reason why I started setting goals and putting a deadline to it. You also want to make your goals realistic. Don't set crazy goals like lose 60 pounds in two months. Be realistic with your goals. When I set goals I make sure it is realistic. I hope to reach 125 pounds in four weeks. The only way I can achieve this is if I make sure I exercise 6 days a week and I watch what I eat. I need to make sure my diet is clean and i GIVE my exercise program 100%. Even if I do not reach 125 and say I reach 126 at least I know I gave it my best and I was close. This makes you set more goals and then before you know it you have become this goal oriented person.

Goals keep us on track. They give us a reason to continue to do what we desire to do. I am looking to bulk and gain some abs.. I have set a goal for myself that will keep me motivated to accomplish this goal. 10 weeks.. I may not get abs in 10 weeks, is it possible yes.. HOW?? You put in the work and effort and do what you need to do. You train and eat clean and stay focus..

Ok now I feel like I have been rambling to much. My point to all this is.. Goal setting is very important for us to achieve any kind of success we want to achieve. If you want to be successful, if you want to lose a certain amount of weight, If you want to get lean, build muscle, buy a home, have a certain amount of money in savings... all of it cannot be reached until we start setting goals. Success cannot be achieved until we start setting goals. Goals keep us on track and help stay focus and give us a reason to work towards something. Goals keep us on track.

No comments: