Weight lifting Ladies
I have been lifting weights for the last 3 years almost four years now and I love it. In the beginning I thought that lifting weights will cause me to look like a man. Drinking creatine will cause me to bulk up like a man. But what I have learned is that it is so not very difficult to fall into the manner in which society thinks. I did not want to lift weights because society had it implanted in my head that women are not suppose to lift weights because they will look like a man and I had no intentions of trading my womanly body to look like a man. Plus I have seen women who have a mans body so muscular and big and I just thought that is wrong. I never took time to think for myself and decide for myself. I let people tell me it was wrong and that it would cause me to look like a man.
In 2014 or it might have been 2013... my memory does not seem to be working right at this point. But anyway I started lifting weights in 2014. I am sure it was 2014. As a beachbody coach we are always informed of the new workout programs coming out before the public is informed. They had announced that body beast was coming out and the preview basically shows men and how huge they are. So basically I assumed that this is program for men and never bothered with it. I thought if I had to lift weights then P90x is the way to go but again everyone was complaining about how long the program was so I decided that I did not want to bother with it. If you know me then you know I love short high intense workout programs. If it is not intense then do not throw it my way. So P90x being and hour long was not for me.
Anyway time went on and I continued with my fitness program, until one day I decided you know what I am going to give body beast a chance and I did and I ended up falling in love with the program. My biceps, chest, butt, legs, quads everything was starting to look real good. Now I did not lose any weight with it but I did build muscles. The reason why I did not lose any weight with it was because my eating was all wrong. All I ever did was eat healthy. I never did anything different and eating healthy is great but to obtain specific goals and get certain results you have to steer your eating towards that... I hope that makes sense. It is like the saying if you want abs then you need to eat clean and workout your entire body not just your abs. Abs are built in the kitchen, but you also need to work your entire body and not just your abs to get abs. Anyway back to the topic. Let me just make it clear right now that lifting weights does not make us women bulking. All it does is create shape to our bodies. The day I decided to start body beast was the best decision I have ever made. I know we say stuff like that all the time, but it is true. I love looking at myself in the mirror and see my muscles grow. I have shape to my body and I am so much stronger than I have ever been. I do not have to always ask for help to lift heavy things because I have the strength to do so myself . Now I feel like no woman has nothing on me. I have struggled so long with low self esteem and looking good, not to mention society made it look like skinny was the thing. You had to be skinny to be the IT girl so I exercised everyday just to be skinny. Looking back at my body images and looking at my body now, I can't help but fall in love with my body. I can't help but stare at myself in the mirror every minute in the day. I look so much better than I did. It may sound tacky or ridiculous but lifting has in fact built my confidence, not just because I look good, but it has enabled me to just be me. To make my own decisions, to do what makes me happy, to step out my comfort zone and just do the things that I want to do. I am living life. Living my life. And yes it sounds ridiculous but its amazing how much confidence does for a person. I use to live my life for people but now I live it for myself and my kids. I do what is best for us.
Today majority of my workout is weight lifting. I no longer do as much cardio. I do 30 minutes tops of cardio. no more than 30 minutes and i spend and hour and a half doing weight lifting. I am so obsessed with it. I thought I was obsessed with exercising, but my obsession is to a whole new different level.
I lift because it makes me stronger, it builds my confidence, it adds shape to my body, it makes me feel powerful.
Don't let people tell you what is best but instead take time to find out what is best for you. Lifting weights does not make you ladies bulky but instead it makes you beautiful and strong.
I never thought i would ever shave one side of my hair and I did with no regrets. I love it more now than when I had hair.

No comments:
Post a Comment