Monday, November 2, 2015

Resting it out

I have made the decision to take the week off. My stomach has been acting up really bad. It has been acting so weird that I am super bloated from  it to the point that I look pregnant and it is causing me major lower back pain. My body just feels like it needs a break and as much as I hate to admit it I really do need a break. I need to allow my body to rest and recover.

It is so important to listen to our bodies and what it is communicating to us.  Sometimes it is hard to take a break because we can be so obsessive with our fitness and the thought of gaining weight can be a weight on our mind. I  Know when I do not exercise it bothers me. It bothers me a whole lot. I keep thinking that I will gain weight and that I will become fat and at that moment I make the decision to go exercise regardless of how awful I feel.

Sometimes that is not the best decision because it can cause us to do more damage to our bodies instead of good. It is so important to listen to our bodies.

After I gave birth to my son I was so excited to start exercising . I did not wait to hit 6 weeks before I started working out. At five weeks I was ontop my exercise full on. I didn't ease back into it I went back full force.. A few weeks after I could tell it was taking in tow on my stomach. In fact my stomach is acting up the same way it did when I first starting exercising again. The pain would get so bad that the only thing I could do is curl up in a ball in pain and cry.. It was extremely difficult especially with having kids. The pain was so bad that it would have me up and down in the toilet, endless amounts of doctors visit and a huge hospital bill because they were the only one that could help manage the pain. No pain killers did it for me. I even had an endoscopy done to see what was wrong, along with CAT scans and all sorts of test which all came back negative. The doctors just could not figure it out neither could I. So I changed my diet around because even eating became a problem. I just could not eat. I changed my diet to a BRAT diet and also included protein in my diet and did that for a week or two and just ate super simple and super clean after that and stopped exercising  for a bit and it was then I started to feel better. It was just those simple steps that allowed my body to recover from what ever it was I was going through. And now I think the same thing is happening again . I can tell by the way my stomach is acting. So I am choosing to take this week off and to change my diet and pray it goes away because I cannot imagine dealing with this pain again. It was the worst pain ever. It felt like my gall bladder pain but I know it was not my gall bladder since I no longer have my gall bladder.

But the point of this all is to listen to your body when it is trying to commuicate with you. There is nothing wrong with taking time out. You just watch what you eat and relax and recover. You don't always need a week off but in this case I know I do.. You rest then you come back strong and give it everything you got. I am abstaining from any exercising and try to get this pain under control. You should do the same and listen to your body.

No comments: