Sometimes getting motivated to start a workout is just as difficult as the workout itself. There are days I wake up to exercise and have no motivation to workout. Those are the days I feel discouraged because I am not seeing the results I want. It is extremely hard to find motivation when you look in the mirror and you see fat rolls, or an over lapping stomach and all the problem areas you want to fix but you just don't see the results of all the hard work you have been putting in. But from the moment I decided to change my focus from looking for results to the way you feel it becomes easier to find the motivation you need to exercise.
I think about how good I feel after I workout. The fact that I enjoy sweat running down my face and feeling superior when I am done exercising..
I focus on the joy exercising brings to me. When I am exercising it feels like a burden has been lifted off me. It takes away the stress and anger and frustration that I have.
It gives me the opportunity to clear my head from my worries.
It gives me energy to keep up with my children on a daily basis.
It keeps me looking and feeling young.
It is shaping my body and I am getting healthier in the process.
It makes me a better person. It makes me a better person because not only is it a stress reliever and not only does it also helps me to ease my mind and get rid of anger it calms me for the day and clears my head.
sometimes I look for the results from working out. We all do. We are putting in all this hard work so we are expecting to see the results of the hard work we are putting and the hours and that too can keep us motivated. Having a goal to work towards to is reason alone to keep us motivated. But some individuals it is not so you have to find other forms of motivation like I listed above.
Days when I can't find motivation because i can't seem to see the results of my hard work, I think of the other benefits of exercising and it gets me motivated.

No comments:
Post a Comment