Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My WHY Power

I have many individuals ask me what is my why.. Even when you read personal development books they ask you, what is your WHY? Although I have come across this question many times, I have never really sat and write it out. Why do I love what I do and why do I want to do what I do. But today after some deep long thought not only did I decided to write down my WHY power but I decided to blog about it. So here we go.

WHY do I exercise? WHY do I choose to eat healthy? Why do I wake up everyday at 5am to exercise, Why, WHY, WHY.
The other question I should be asking is why do I want to do beachbody?

I will first start with why do I want to do beachbody.
A few years ago I was an overweight mother that at first did not care about health and fitness. I never worried about my weight or how I looked or any of it. That all changed when I had my daughter serena. It was not until I was 5 months postpatrum that I realized how big I was as I was standing in the mirror. I had this huge belly that looked like I was still pregnant. Here I was 5'0, over weight and this huge belly. I instantly got depressed over it and started looking into getting in shape. Not just that I wanted my husband to look at me and still desire me. I didn't want to be one of these women that think it is ok to get married and let yourself go because you are married. I wanted my husband to look at me each day and remember not just why he fell in love with me but remember that girl he fell for. That is when my beachbody journey began. I knew at that time we could not afford child care for me to go to the gym so working out at home made sense. I had amazing results with the program insanity. After that I kept doing teambeachbody workout programs. There was no doubt even to this day that the programs work hence the reason I continue to use them. Team beachbody provides us with so many different opportunities to be successful and to grow in the business. The opportunities are endless and if you are willing to work hard then what is to stop you from advancing in this business. With team beachbody I not only have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom with my kids and be part of their everyday life, but I also have the opportunity to do a job that I love. I am doing what I love, getting results and getting paid for it... and I get to help others along the way.Beachbody and I have the same goals.. Help individuals to live a better, healthier lifestyle but teaching them the importance of good nutrition and exercise in their daily life. Beachbody has blessed me with so many opportunities . The biggest opportunity is being a stay at home mom with my kids. I am a fitness freak. It never use to be so but I fell in love with this lifestyle all thanks to beachbody and shaun T.

Now to answer the previous question.
I exercise because I love it. Exercising especially lifting weights makes me stronger , makes me feel superior, keeps me in shape and helps me to teach my children how important it is to incorporate fitness in their life. I exercise to beat the trend of obesity, fight diabetes, stay in shape and shape my body to what I want it to look like. It gives me joy knowing that I am doing something that I love, that makes me happy and helps me break the trend.

I eat healthy because there is no better way. What you eat is what you become. In order for me to stay motivated, see results, be the change, I chose to watch what i eat. I hate feeling sluggish or wiped out or feeling crappy from eating crappy so I eat healthy. Most importantly so it helps me to stay on track with not only my fitness goals but to be an example to my children and teach them these important values while they are still young.

Wake up at 5 am is a huge sacrifice. A sacrifice I enjoy. I like to be a product of the product. I know that if I do not make such a small sacrifice like this, then the bigger sacrifices will be even more difficult. To ensure I get my workout in for the day I have to make this sacrifice. I love what I do and this is just a small sacrifice.

Our WHY power is so important. If you don't have a WHY for what you do then know you are going to fail. Our WHY is what motivates us. It drives us and if you do not know your why then you are setting up yourself for failure. No matter what you do in life you need to know your why. If you do not know your why then sit down, grab a pen and paper and start writing. Success comes to those of us that build our goals on our Why. Our why leads us and motivates us. Never lose site of your why because that is when you start losing the real reason you started doing something in the first place.

No comments: