I started my weightloss journey five months after I had my daughter. I was 180 pounds and just wanted to get back in tip top shape so bad. I was a little over weight after I had her so I knew how important it was for me to get back in shape and be healthy. I started working out twice a day and was doing some pretty intense workouts. At the time my period was not a concern. All that mattered to me was getting to a good size. So I continued working out twice a day, six days a week. I changed my diet completely to strictly clean eating food only. Within two weeks of working out I was starting to see results. I was liking what I was seeing. In one month I went down to 146 pounds and in two months was down to 134 pounds. I was losing the weight so I was quite happy.
But I noticed something different. My periods were heavier and my cramps were intense. Most times when you start intense training you miss your periods. But I was not missing my periods. I was still getting them. But my flow was heavier and my cramps were really painful. It was quite disturbing because I have always had light periods and always a 28 day cycle. But doing intense workouts seem to have thrown it off completely. I say I am lucky because most girls just don't get a period but I was getting mine but i never could calculate when I was ovulating because it was constantly changing.
I was becoming frightened but still kept working out. I really wanted to get to 125 pounds but was it worth it. Was it worth me not having periods and hurting myself. My husband and I are trying to have more children but it has not been happening. I figured it was with all this intense working out. It has been 7 months since we have been trying and nothing is happening. But how can it happen if I am working out so hard.
Three months ago I started to take it down a notch. I started to not push as hard anymore and eat more and started taking prenatals as well to help. It seems like my cycles are back to a 28 day cycle. The last 3 months it has been.We are still trying and my periods seem to be getting back to normal meaning it is not as heavy anymore. Sometimes you just have to turn it down some so your body does not have to try so hard or go into survival mode.
DO YOU KNOW that the harder you workout your body starts to go into survival mode because it is trying to save the energy it has and that's one of the causes of a missed period.
So if you are missing your periods or it is heavier than usual you should turn down your workout and see if that helps. If it does not help after a few months go see a doctor. Exercise is good but sometimes have a negative effect on the body but it's no harm it just means be careful and take it easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment