Something a lot of us do is eating for no reason. I have that problem as well. We eat when we are bored. We eat when we are sad, emotional, stressed, depressed, frustrated and even angry. When ever we have a flush of emotions over us we tend to eat way often and way more than we are suppose.
Find things that will always keep your mind and your body occupied.
We find ourselves snacking at work, at church and even in the car. Sometimes you think you are hungry but not necessarily hungry, it just you finding something to do. There is always some time in a day when we constantly snack. Sometimes you can have to much at the movies. When I go grocery shopping one thing I tend to do is open a bag of maybe beef jurky and eat the entire bag when grocery shopping. It is so easy to just eat and not realize how much you are eating.
Food is your body's fuel, but many of us eat for other reasons.
Here are a few tips.
Ask yourself, Am I really hungry? You may really be just thirsty, so water alone will satisfy you.
Keep a food journal to get an accurate picture of what you are actually eating. You might be surprised.
Do not eat on the go. Sit at a table.
Take your time, Taste your food and savour it.
Chew your food thoroughly. It helps with digestion.
No comments:
Post a Comment