Thursday, June 27, 2013

heavy intense or excessive workouts causes irregular periods

Periods are something all of us women go through on a monthly basis in order  for ovulation to happen. It is most often talked about that if you don't get your period then it could possibly mean that you are not ovulating. In order to get pregnant or have a baby we need ovulation to transpire.

Recently I have noticed that my periods are really irregular. I honestly thought that irregular periods were absent periods. Maybe in a year have three periods only. Before I had my daughter, I never really worked out at all. It was not a part of my daily routine or something I cared much about. I was not into health back then like I have been the last past year.
But it really started to become a concern of mine when I realized how weird it is, if you know what I mean. I am never able to calculate or say on what day or what week it will arrive. Most women know exactly when their periods are coming and what days they ovulate on and I could not tell you mine to save my life because it is just so unpredictable.

But what I have learned, is that when you are working out heavily, excessively or more than once in a day it can interfere with your cycle and ovulation.

In simple terms I do want another baby. I have been trying for a year now to have another baby and it has not been happening. I do want that sexy flat stomach but I also want to have more kids. Even if it means working out the rest of my life after I have kids to get my tummy completely flat that is ok because so many women are not privileged  to have kids and some of us do, and I want to increase on my little family. But I started thinking maybe I am not ovulating or maybe I can't have any more kids. During all this time I kept working out. Sometimes I did work out twice a day. But now I am realizing it is to much for the body. We have to give our body some resting time and time to burn those calories. Yes I did lose a chunk of weight but I need to let my body rest. Maybe cut out two  days of working out during the week. Working out does interfere with our periods. This is why it is said that if athletic women want to have kids it is important for them to scale back on their trainings a bit.
Scaling back is not always bad.


 So if you are trying to get pregnant while working out intensely it is time to scale back a little. And if you have tried for a couple of months and still no  results go talk to your doctor and see if everything ok. Working out is great but the body needs to rest as well.
It is never to late to get this body no matter how many kids you have. It is possible if you trust and believe. Scale back and let your body rest. Too much is alot sometimes.

No comments: