From my own experience, goals has never been something that I did, or cared to set.. I just always lived life with no goals. My thing always was I want to do this and I want to be that but never had a time frame or was never one hundred percent set on accomplishing any of the things I wanted in life.I just lived life pretty much not putting forth any effort to accomplish anything.
I always knew what I wanted in my life and where I wanted to be. So inside I had an idea of the things I wanted for myself but just never cared enough to go after it.
That is where I went wrong because I truly believe if I had my goals written down I would be alot further ahead than where I am today.
It is important to set goals because it gives us a sense of purpose and helps us to look forward to something. Not just look forward to something, but look forward to achieving something and accomplishing it.
The first thing you need to do is to think of some of the things you want to accomplish in what period of time. Goals can be short term or long term. It is important to set both short and long term goals. Your short term goals are things you want to accomplish within a year or a few months. A long term goal is things you want to accomplish in a couple or few years.
After you know what goals you seek to accomplish you write it down or print it out. It helps to see your goals written out because it is a constant reminder of the things you look forward to achieving by a certain period of time.
One of the things that help certain people, is putting up their goals in a frame and hanging it up in a particular spot in their house, where they are constantly reminded of what they are working towards. It is just a reminder to you that this is what you are working towards.
When I started working out I came up with some things that I wanted to accomplish by the end of my two month program. Yes this may seem crazy but I wanted to be 125 pounds in two months time, I wanted to be able to eat clean all the time, I wanted to sign up as a beachbody coach, Wanted to have my own little work out team and the list goes on. Yes some of these goals I did accomplish. I was not able to reach 125 pounds but I was able to reach 134 pounds so it was a success to me. It shows that determination and perseverance can get you a long way in life.
If your time period comes and you did not successfully achieve all the things you wanted, do not forget about it and say what's the point. you count how far you have gotten and how much you did accomplish. Then you set another time frame on it and you keep going.
Always keep going and never give up. If you were to always give up in life you will reach nowhere in life. To be successful you have to be motivated, determined and willing.
When you set a goal you stick to it. The only way you will make it to the end is if you stick to it. It is very important that you do so. Success could be within your reach or could be far from your reach. Setting goals gives you something to look forward to. Gives you something to work towards to. So start writing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment